SHAMPOO BARS. More Than Just A Shameless Product Plug: My Baby Steps To Zero-Waste Advocacy.


One of my personal missions for this year is to start helping the environment and as difficult as it may seem, I know that there is something I can do in my own way. The road to zero-waste may not be an easy one, but it is worth giving a try.

I have read from a recently released article from PhilStar Global that the Philippines is now the 3rd most significant contributor to ocean plastic. This was made evident during the recent storms hitting the country when flooded streets swelled with plastic bags, bottles, wrappers, and other plastic-made containers, among other garbage.

I have seen numerous Facebook video posts about our waterways teeming, not with fish, but with these durable wastes. Yes, plastic is so durable that it has become one of the most popular raw materials for just about anything-- from household staples, trash bags, kitchenware, shampoo, and detergent bottles, other beauty products packaging and many more. These plastic materials are so durable that it takes years before they can decompose.

In an article written by Rick Leblanc, he stated that plastic items can take up to 1000 years to decompose in landfills. But plastic bags we use in our everyday life take 10-1000 years to decompose, while plastic bottles can take 450 years or more to decompose.

This is not the world I want my little boy to grow up in. Realizing that I have a part in the plastic consumption in the Philippines and thus making it one of the most significant contributors to plastic waste, I made it my personal mission to start doing something about it.


Hence, I started to search for products that I can use personally to lessen if not to totally eliminate the use of plastic. So I saw a few that I can start utilizing for my little boy and me. One of the products I liked very much is the shampoo bar. The use of a shampoo bar may be just me starting off small but to make a massive difference in the long run.

eco-friendly, zero-waste shampoo bar


I believe that the shampoo bars will make way for fewer plastic bottles and sachets to enter our oceans. Billions of plastic bottles from shampoo and conditioner alone flood our oceans every year. It has been estimated that by 2050 there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish according to businessinsider.com.


I now offer shampoo bars on sale so I can also encourage others to help the environment by going zero-waste. These shampoos need not be in plastic containers to serve its purpose.


And so for my shameless plug:

I'm selling shampoo bars for the whole family.


HAVE SWEET-SMELLING, GORGEOUS- LOOKING HAIR
WHILE SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT!


Boo bottles and sachets away!
Help us with zero waste advocacy.


OUR SHAMPOO BARS:
contain shea butter, jojoba oil, argan oil, and scented oils
80g / 2.5 x 1 in/ Deep Cleansing
Each bar lasts up to 60+ washes
3 years shelf life if stored in a cool, dry place


HANDMADE
KID-FRIENDLY
SWEET-SMELLING

VARIANTS:


These are for PREORDER and on a payment first policy. These are handmade, and production may take up to 2 weeks after orders are placed.


For inquiries and order, you may drop me a message at Ecocen Naturals PH

mummychelle

2 comments: